Use of Church Facilities
The use of facilities of the First Presbyterian Church by outside groups is governed by guidelines established by the Session. Printable version of the guidelines available here...
The facilities are available for faith-based use, social service causes and church fellowship gatherings and celebrations. Please note that Weddings and Memorial Services do not fall under these guidelines, but are under the direction of the Worship Committee. Furthermore, the following building use will not be granted:
- No use will be granted if the requested event/activity is to take place concurrently with a worship service at the church.
- No car wash usage will be granted if the car wash is to occur on a Sunday
- No use will be granted (regardless of the date/time of the requested event/activity) to any organization that sponsors or participates in youth sporting events on Sunday mornings.
Onsite fund raising by individuals or groups utilizing the facilities of the First Presbyterian Church of Moorestown should not detract from the sanctity of this place of worship and may be deleted from any proposal or contract for use.
All applications for use are to be approved by the Director of Administration. The physical use of the facility is administered by the Board of Trustees.
GUIDELINES FOR BUILDING USE:
A-1 Members, groups or organizations directly related to the First Presbyterian Church of Moorestown and groups of organizations sponsored by this church will have use of the facility without charge subject to the approval process. A designated member of the church, who represents the group requesting use of the facility, must assume the custodial responsibilities described in the section titled “Fees and Charges for the Use of Facilities”.
A-2 Requests by groups or organizations directly related to neighboring Presbyterian Churches, Presbytery, Synod, or other local agencies of the Presbyterian Church U.S.A. and other local religious denominations or groups whose purposes are Christian in nature, to use any facility will be referred to the church staff for decision or availability. There will be no usage fee charged to such groups, however, a custodial fee will be charged as described in the section titled “Fees and Charges for the Use of Facilities”. This fee can be waived if a member of this church representing the group requesting use assumes the custodial responsibilities as described in the above-mentioned section.
All the above groups must be cleared for meeting dates and space requirements with the church office and be put on the calendar to avoid conflicts with other groups meeting at the time or place.
B-1 Recognized for profit, nonprofit, civic or service groups, and functions or groups sanctioned be educational institutions whose purpose and program foster or are consistent with Christian principles may be granted permission to use the facilities after the applicant has investigated that adequate alternative facilities are not available. Requests using the appropriate application forms will be referred to the church staff for decision on use of facilities.
Priority will be given to the group applying and being approved first. All applications should be submitted at least two weeks prior to the date of proposed use. In no case shall facilities be committed to any outside group or organization for a date more than six weeks in advance.
It is understood that any group will be under responsible adult supervision at all times and until all young people involved have left the building and grounds. Access to the facilities is to begin after 8:00 am and all functions must be completed by 10:00 pm.
REGULATIONS FOR USE OF FACILITIES:
Priority use of the facilities of the church are granted as follows:
- Regularly or specially scheduled services of the church, funerals, weddings, etc., and
- Church sponsored groups and organizations.
Church facilities, with the exception of the sanctuary, may be available to other organizations upon proper application and approval as defined herein.
Those groups using the facilities of the church agree to observe the following procedures and regulations:
- Obtain application forms and copy of Use of Church Facilities (see bottom of page for printable Use of Church Facilities guidelines, printable PDF forms, secure online forms and church staff contact information).
- Fill out the forms completely and submit the application to the church office for date clearance and concurrence with Property Manager for adequacy of facilities and equipment.
- After these office clearances, the application will be submitted to the Director of Administration for approval.
- If the proposed use is approved by the Director of Administration, appropriate fees and restrictions will be noted and the application returned to the church office manager who will record the date and time of use on the church calendar and will notify the applicant that the use has been approved.
- The application will be forwarded to the Director of Administration and the Property Manager and to manage the use of the facilities.
- If the proposed use is denied, the application will be returned to the church office for notification to the applicant of the denied use.
- No wall fasteners may be used to attach props, decorations, bulletins, etc.
- No display is to be set up that weighs more than 200 pounds.
- Furniture used during the activity must be left clean and in the same order in which it was found.
- All occupants must be out of the building by 10:00 pm unless other arrangements have been made.
- Preparation time for displays or set-up activities will be included when calculating application fees.
- If attendance is expected to exceed 100 persons, a permit must be obtained from the township Fire Marshall.
- Use of the lobby of Fellowship Hall or the Commons for any purpose other than building access must be approved in advance in order to comply with fire and safety codes.
- Facilities may not be used by outside groups on church holidays.
- Instructions for appropriate use of equipment and facilities will be provided by the Property Manager as required.
FEES AND CHARGES FOR USE OF FACILITIES:
The following usage fee schedules are the minimum use charges to any person or group other than church related groups. There may be a custodial fee as described below, if a church member does not assume the custodial responsibilities.
Fee Usage for Non-Member Events
|Fellowship Hall||$100/hour||minimum four hours|
|Fellowship Hall & Kitchen||$150/hour||minimum four hours|
|Miller Commons||$200/hour||minimum four hours|
|Miller Commons/Kitchenette||$225/hour||minimum four hours|
|Miller Commons per room||$75/hour||minimum four hours|
|Lounge/Hayes||$50/hour||minimum four hours|
|Lounge/Hayes/Kitchen||$80/hour||minimum of four hours|
|(Light refreshments only)|
|One Classroom||$25/hour||minimum four hours|
|Each additional classroom||$20/hour||minimum of four hours|
|Sanctuary/Weddings||$1,600||$1,600 (with Attending Pastors)|
|Sanctuary Only||$2,000||($1,500 room - $500 custodial)|
For groups of more than 100 persons, there may be additional charges.
Activity events for other neighboring Presbyterian Churches, Presbytery or Synod, non-profit groups, educational institutions, etc., a member of the church custodial staff (or someone designated by the Superintendent of Buildings and Grounds) must be on-site, available and accessible the entire time the function is taking place. The fee will be $100 for half-day usage (4 hours or less) and $200 for full day usage (more than four hours, but less than eight hours).
As mentioned above, a church member may assume the custodial duties for members or other neighboring Presbyterian churches, Presbytery or Synod, etc. In that case, the custodial fee will be waived and that member must take responsibility for the following list of duties (and any others that are necessitated by the nature of that specific event):
- Be in attendance and readily available the entire time.
- Insure set up and tear down occurs in a professional and timely manner.
- Open up and lock up.
- Monitor and make any necessary adjustments to heating or air conditioning.
- Know emergency numbers and make emergency calls if necessary.
- Handle audio/visual requests.
- Any other actions that may be necessary
Printable Guidelines and Forms:
Printable version of the Use of Church Facilities Guidelines
Printable Room/Event Scheduling Request Form - Member
Printable Room/Event Scheduling Request Form - Non-Member
Room/Event Scheduling Request Form - Members
Room/Event Scheduling Request Form - Non-Members
Contact Church Office:
Mary Ellen Forrest, (856) 235-1688 x 104, email@example.com
Jan Martin, (856) 235-1688 x 133, firstname.lastname@example.org
First Presbyterian Church of Moorestown
101 Bridgeboro Road
Moorestown, NJ 08057